Life after Vine
– Byte’s attempt to enter the small-screen social media industry, and the formal differences between its forebearers Vine and TikTok
Weekly Food Trends!
– Now extra spurious!
The Mouse Enters
– Disney’s unconventional strategy in the streaming wars, and what it might mean going forward.
The Good Place is just okay
The structure of a joke
– On Joker, and in defense of “remakes.”
Remembering Coco and remembering in Coco
– Two years after its release, Coco still has much to offer about how we remember.
– First impressions of Pixar’s Coco, reviewed in November 2017.
The Fantastic Facade at Universal Studios
– Reflecting on the weird reality incarnated in a theme park.
Stadiums and Screens: Watching Baseball from Kauffman
– As sports viewership trends change, Kansas City’s Kauffman Stadium is a rare reminder of how America’s pastime used to be watched.
Dreams of Tweetland
– Tracing the hazy present-day outline of a weird website.